Criteria for Admission
1. Be 20 years of age or older.
2. Speak, write, and read in the English language with a high level of proficiency, meaning English is your first language or you have studied English to a point where you feel comfortable teaching English to others.
3. High school graduate or sometimes referred to as secondary school graduate.
All submitted documents are confidential and are only used to set up students' academic profile(s) for this course. Furthermore, the name shown on your documents is the same name that will be placed on your TESOL/TEFL certificate.
Steps to Admission
1. Submit online student application. Please be sure to upload your required documentation. Acceptable documentation can be
- Copy of high school diploma/ certificate or a copy of unofficial college transcript
- Copy of driver's license or passport
- Non-native English speakers must provide proof of proficiency in English (TOEFL exam/ high school language exam and or any English language certificate) In addition, we welcome students from all countries of the world to apply for admission. However, we do require the following provisions for non-native English speakers:
Proof of any of the following internationally recognized English exams that evidence your English proficiency and readiness for this course (IELTS, CAE, and or the TOEFL iBT).
We require the following scores:
IELTS = 6. 5 or higher
TOEFL ibt, 110 or higher
Before we can admit you into this TESOL/TEFL program, you must provide documentation of one the exams aforementioned with our required passing score.
We will accept any of the English exams aforementioned so long as the exam has not exceeded five years. If you took your English exam past the five year mark, we will require that you take a free online Cambridge English Assessment. The program’s enrollment specialist will coordinate time and dates for you to take the exam. * We also require that you score = (B2) or higher on the Cambridge English Assessment.
If we conclude that a student does not possess a sufficient mastery of the English language during this course, we reserve the right to administratively withdraw the student. In this event, your advisor will contact you by phone and e-mail to inform you of this unfortunate matter. You will also be refunded at 100% for any and all tuition fees paid.
2. Wait for an acceptance response from the enrollment specialist. You will receive an acceptance response with 24 hours after your online application has been submitted.
3. When accepted, you will need to submit your course fee. You will receive an e-mail from Stripe, our credit card processor. Stripe will allow you to make your payment by credit or debit card. Cash is not accepted. In addition, you will need to order your textbook for the course. Textbook information is provided in the next section under the "Course Content" tab.
4. When accepted, you will be notified by your new academic advisor. Your academic advisor will be your primary point of contact and will respond to all your e-mail inquires within 24 hours. Your advisor will also provide you with your username and password for accessing the course online and walk you through a brief and visual orientation of the course
(). Your course can be accessed online from anywhere in the world so long as there is a stable internet/ wifi connection to do so, and you may use any web browser. Please also bear in mind that this course is not downloadable.
5. Start class, study, succeed!
6. Earn your TESOL/ TEFL certificate within 6 months of study.